Michael D. Palma
1. John Coltrane "Giant Steps"
- An eclectic and educational and enjoyable blend of bop, outside, cool and ballad types as Coltrane reinvents the Sax.
2. Steve Swallow "Always Pack Your Uniform On Top"
- Very under rated bassist who could always make his jazz come alive. He picks good players too! He plays with a pick! Does that disqualify him?!?
3. Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"
- One of the leaders in jazz turning the corner into the modern era
4. Chick Corea "Light as a Feather"
- Hot players moving traditional instrumentation into the 70's
5. Larry Coryell "The Eleventh House"
- The "Actual" trend setter that led guitar based music into the fusion / jazz era.